Thursday 7 March 2013

Music Teddybears, a Cool Cat, and our Van Halen Puppy


My Wedding photography has thrown me out on the blog front. I'm now two blogs behind. It's interesting the way I've started the last few blogs like this :) - I do feel some people are better organised than others and those people make for brilliant bloggers totally suited to the whole blogging extravaganza. Sadly, I am not one of those people. I do struggle but i still have the motivation and while I have that, you have blog my friends!





Ok, let me tell you about the In Session Live that was Matt Taylor and the Chimney Pots, Todd Dorigo and The Velcro Teddybears…..


You may be bored of me only saying good things about the artists but it's difficult not to when you really enjoy an evening. Basically, when you've booked an evening yourself, found an artist who you have high hopes for and then that actually pays off, well then shouting it from the rooftops if difficult not to do.

This is how I felt about Todd Dorigo. He was fantastic.




 


He had the look, the voice and the stage presence. You can see a bit of this from the photos but I include a video of him performing for Ont Sofa so you can hear him too and know how proud I was of myself in choosing him to come perform for us. 






Matt Taylor and the Chimney Potts were a whole other kind of story that I need to tell you about. I knew nothing about them, though we've had Matt himself play for us numerous times. Matt is a very talented musician and, as seems to be developing, a talented producer/manager. 




Let me set the scene- Matt comes on stage in tow with a 16yr old and a 13yr old. I'm a little uncomfortable only because I have no idea what to expect- part of me is thinking Matt has gone mad and lost all perspective.

Then they play;  Matt singing and on guitar, the 13yr old on electric guitar and the 16yr old on a drum box….. and, well, they are good. Very, very good.





……then it gets to the last song of their set and the 13yr old gets a solo moment and the room full of fashionable, cool adult men are silenced as this little guy does some guitar solo in a Slash off Guns 'n'Roses meets Hendrix moment. I wish you could have heard the applause after. 


 

That is a moment I won't forget! 




And finally our headline act were absolutely superb as we knew they would be.



The Velcro Teddybears, last year's Yorkshire Unplugged winners, bought loads of people with them and really gave our night a full on hit of fantastic music to see out that Sunday leaving me a very happy Sammi.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment