Thursday 21 March 2013

Oh The Arrogance Of Youth




Above, The Early Cartographers - the highlight of the week- professional, lovely and a full on musical treat. We all bought their CD after and so should you....

https://www.facebook.com/earlycartographers/app_178091127385

I've had a ball this last year working in music photography. It's reopened my eyes to the world of live music which had pretty much fallen out of my life.

I love what I do and on the whole I love the people and the Musicians I meet. bands and artists are very often driven, hard working and deserve far more respect and pay than they get.

Sadly, in amongst these gems of people you get the chaff and by chaff I'm talking about younger musicians, more often male but not exclusively male, who have had some early success and a result their heads have doubled in size and suddenly the normal rules of social interaction don't seem to be for them anymore, instead they teeter on arrogant, self interested and rude.

This week I have had the misfortune to see this up close. Disappointingly a band we had a on a few weeks ago and more specifically a member of this band has shown themselves in this light....this was coupled with another run in from an artist from a separate, recent In Session live who exhibited all the same misfortunate symptoms of the arrogance of youth and this has, for some inexplicable reason, put a downer on my week. Odd.

I shall just feel blessed that I have met far more great, talented, kind artists than nasty ones and I need to accept that meeting the other types of people is just an occupational hazard.

There is nothing to be gained from bitching and this is why I leave things here. I've had my rant and I hope these boys get a reality check soon and sober up.

I have to stress that I am two weeks behind with the blog and my disappointment does not necessarily pertain to anyone in this blog or the next....and I shall reassure you that The Early Cartographers from this blog were a dream! We fell for them big time at In Session Live. They were our highlight as we'd not had them on before unlike Matt Longden and The Young Peculiar.

Matt Longden

 







Early Cartographers



 










The Young Peculiar
A fab band who always perform, bring a crowd and are lovely.








No comments:

Post a Comment