Saturday 2 February 2013

My Favourite In Session Live so far


In Session Live has been running since September. I've attended most of them as a photographer and enjoyed all of them without fail.

There is however one In Session Live that has to be my favourite so far. It was November the 18th and we were extremely lucky to have the legend that is Steve Papa Edwards curate our show.



Briefly:

"Steve Edwards is simply, one of the most successful singer/songwriters in electronic dance music today. Steve is considered to be one of the truly global voices of house music. As one of the few artists in house music worldwide to enjoy massive & sustained crossover success, Steve has had many worldwide top 10 & number 1 hits which include Watch The Sunrise, Sound Of Violence, Listen to the Voice Inside, DYOT, Together, Helter Skelter & of course World Hold On. Steve has received 2 US Grammy nominations & won the award for the biggest selling dance record at the World Music Awards in London 2007"




....anyway, Steve picked his favourite artists from the Sheffield music scene to perform that evening and support him. It was here I was introduced to the immensly talented and lovely Emily Irleland aka: See Emily Play and one of my now favourite artists Ian Britt who I have been lucky enough to do some photo shoots with recently.


 


Why was this night special? Well it just had rhythm, I mean artist after artist is was alive! Everyone was happy and smiling and it just rocked! It was also packed out which gave a great atmosphere. 

Although I include a number of the photos here it really doesn't do justice to the atmosphere created. I am yet to see Emily or Steve play again but guaranteed the next time I can I will.



You have to check out Emily Ireland. She is a prodigy of sorts and doubt anyone who's seen her in action would disagree:

https://www.facebook.com/see.play.5?fref=ts

http://www.seeemilyplaymusic.co.uk/


















.....and Ian Britt; regularly played on Hollyoaks and US TV shows he has a growing UK fan base and a huge one in  Holland. He is currently recording new material.  His music has been my album of choice for weeks now:

http://ianbritt.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ianbrittmusic?fref=ts







No comments:

Post a Comment